Have you been stuck in the library at a table all day doing homework before your weekend festivities? I know I have. On top of thinking about going pumpkin picking this weekend I am thinking about how I haven’t been to the gym all week because of midterms quickly approaching.
The article Health experts have figured out how much time you should sit each day, the author writes, “Today, the average office worker sits for about 10 hours–Experts now say you should start standing up at work for at least two hours a day — and work your way toward four.”
So, while I was sitting at my table in Carrier, I looked up a fitness blog and found a great article that I wanted to share. It is from one of my favorite blogs called Fit Bottomed Girls. The blog told me five desk exercises that I could do.
Here they are:
- Sit up straight. Good posture makes your core stronger.
- Lift your legs. This will force you to engage your core and maintain good posture.
- Sit in a swivel chair and rotate back and forth to engage your abs.
- Try and hover over your chair to work your glutes.
- Calf raises. Raise up and stand on your tiptoes as many times as you can.
I tried these while writing and I already feel better about missing the gym this week.
Peace, Love and DDP,